If you are a visitors from a foreign country, you can show your EU Digital COVID Certificate (EU DCC). The DCC is mandatory for everyone aged 13 and over to visit our museum or to travel with our steam train. Please bring also your passport or identity card.
If you don’t have a DCC or you are not eligible to acquire a DCC, you can schedule a test at ‘Testen voor Toegang’ via https://www.testenvoortoegang.org/ (English version available). If you visit our museumstoomdepot choose as activity ‘9 Other’ and fill in the date and time when you want to visit us. Round the time up to the nearest quarter. If you want to travel with our steam train choose as activity ‘5 Event (e.g. festival)’ and fill in the date and departure time of our train at the train station where you want to board our train. Round the time up to the nearest quarter.
When the test is negative, a retrieval code will be sent to you by e-mail. Enter the retrieval code on this webpage: https://coronacheck.nl/en/print/testuitslag-ophalen and print your coronatoegangsbewijs or download the Dutch CoronaCheck app and enter the retrieval code in the app. The app will generate a QR code which is your ‘coronatoegangsbewijs’. Make sure you choose the QR code which says ‘The Netherlands’ or ‘Nederland’. If you face any issues with the CoronaCheck-app, please contact the CoronaCheck helpdesk via 0800-1421 (free, Monday – Sunday 08:00 – 20:00).
If you don’t have an e-mail address or face any other problems regarding ‘Testen voor Toegang’ please contact the Testen voor Toegang helpdesk via 088-777 08 09 (Monday – Sunday 08:00 – 20:00).
Hygiene rules for a safe visit
To keep a safe environment for visitors, passangers and staff members we ask you kindly to comply with the basic rules.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people.
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and get tested as soon as possible.
- Ensure a good flow of fresh air.
Toilets are available in the museum and the train. There is disinfectant available at the toilets with which you can disinfect your hands. Our staff regularly cleans the toilets.
At the moment we check your DCC make sure you have your smartphone turned on with the QR code visible. Or, if you have a printed DCC, fold open your sheet and show the QR code. You also open your passport or keep your identity card ready. Our staff members do not need to take over or touch your phone and papers.
Additional rules on the train station and inside the train
- Comply with the rules at the station of NS. Read the measures on https://www.ns.nl/en/featured/corona/measures-at-the-station.html.
- Board one by one and keep distance to fellow passengers.
- Only walk through the aisles when you board the train, leave the train or need to visit the toilet.
- You are allowed to stay at the windows in the aisles in your carriage. When someone wants to pass you, please leave the aisle and return to your seat.
Problems with your DCC?
If the QR code on your phone does not show up or cannot be scanned or if there are any other problems related to the DCC you can try the following actions.
- Check whether the time on your phone is set correctly. Enable automatic configuration of date and time. Set the time zone to ‘Amsterdam’.
- Connect to the Internet. Enable Wi-Fi or mobile data.
- Close and restart the app. Let our staff scan your QR code again.
- If all other options don’t resolve the problem, please contact the issuer of your EU DCC.